Wednesday, December 12, 2007
- Name: Larry Seiler
- Location: Laona, Wisconsin, United States
Enculturation imbued with print media & tv means we live in a 2nd reality, one the lens sees. Lifeless shadows, static detail rank accurate to life. My renaissance from 20 years in studio came after taking my paints outdoors. Several things happened- I saw color as only an artist can see, (painting being the deeper way of seeing); I was overwhelmed with all to be worked out in short order; thirdly, that taunt of a feeling I knew nothing of painting! Such would send many back to the pretense of the familiar, but I’m not good hiding from myself that which I’m not able to succeed. By right…I should be able to paint outdoors, and was going to do this were it to kill me. Kill me it did! So complete was that death, I could no longer aspire to paint as artists I had admired. Their works now lifeless, labored, detailed, realistic, yes...but no sense of REAL'ness. I wish I had started nature’s schooling much younger, but lives are like books. Not one chapter stuck to one narrative. Life can be filled with many chapters. It can have interesting twists and new directions, and I say go for it! *See my book on landscape painting, and new DVDs available thru “Books & Videos” at larryseiler.com
- Trout Theme Painted Chair
- Northern Shovelers over Bog Brook- Oil Painting
- Ridge Ravine Whitetail Oil Painting
- Oil Painting- Whitetail Buck Bustin' Out
- Oil Painting of Eagle Soaring
- Riley...a femal Chesapeake Retriever...
- Redhead Drake...Oil Painting...a study 5"x 4"
- Hen Woodduck Oil Painting...4"x 6"
- Not a Bato...but..I'll paint just the same...
- 2nd Attempt of Bato Inspired....Black Bear