Friday, September 14, 2007

Not a Bato...but..I'll paint just the same...

I scraped a paint panel off after painting this afternoon,
and my first painting scraped off perhaps in 20 years or
more that I can remember. I came to the conclusion I
might learn something about light, or find some inspira-
tion in Bato's work...but, I'm no Bato. I'm no Clyde Aspevig,
or Scott Christensen either for that matter. Love seeing
what is working for other artists and figuring out why.

I decided I needed a quick effort to recover my ego, so
I went back to my roots. No...its not a 200 hour painting
but it is a duck, a drake bluebill, very much like my
earlier work.

This oil sketch is 5"x 7" and painted in about an hour's
time.

















Its not at that state of submission-like perfection
I would work on for a competition stamp entree, but it
was fun...and I kept it brief and simple. Quick...and in
a sketch like state. What might be fun to do, is try one
counting my brushstrokes like I did about a year ago on
a half-dozen subjects. Such really gets you thinking about
the brush work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Agora Gallery Logo
Agora Gallery
Contemporary fine art gallery established 1984, located in Chelsea , New York art galleries district.
The public is invited to the gallery art openings receptions. Sponsor of the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition and publisher of ARTisSpectrum magazine.
Painters, sculptors and photographers are welcome to submit their portfolios for review.